Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day weekend

We have had a great weekend and first mother's day:) First off, my wonderful husband and daughter got me a new digital camera for mother's day! I absolutely love it! THANKS! I must say though, that the highlight of the weekend was going to Richmond to run in the Race for a Cure with my parents. As many of you know, my mother is breast cancer survivor. She beat the odds and came back from stage 4 breast cancer (all the while with three young kids)! Way to go mom, you are a true hero and role-model!! Anyway, John came in to join in the family festivities and we had a blast running the race, I mean, dodging all the walkers:) The morning of the race we surprised mom with a shirt we had made for Alley to wear to show her support of "mimi" during the race.
Here's Alley sporting her new favorite shirt. It's a pink ribbon with Mimi written in the center of it...
This is us all after the race...sorry for the off-center photo:)Then on Sunday we all went to granny's house for a mother's day lunch...it was wonderful getting to spend my first mother's day with some incredible mother's and role-models:) Thanks Granny and Mom for all you've taught me! HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

2 comments:

A.K. said...

what a great first mother's day! i know your mom loved ally's little shirt and having you all running there with her! way to go alley/mcpherson gang!

Warner Family said...

Looks like y'all had a great day! Happy first mother's day to you!
Love,
Karin