Monday, December 7, 2009

This and that...

4 days down...I'm not going to sit here and lie to you telling you that I'm doing great with bed rest, or that I am a great patient. I'm learning to adjust, isn't that what mother-hood (parent-hood) is all about? Taking the good with the bad, learning to put others and their needs first, looking for the positive in everything, even when you have to search and search to find some sort of minor positive. I am getting there...The first day was rough, but each day is better. Whenever I start getting down or feel as though I just can't lay here anymore, I try to remind myself that this is not about me and what I want, it's about my child and her needs...and she needs to stay in the womb a few more weeks! I'm starting to find projects to do (with the help of my mom!), I'm catching up on letters I need to write, I'm helping out with some on-line shopping for family, I'm working on a Christmas present (through the computer) for the grandmother's, a sweet friend has loan me some books and I'm catching up on the latest in holiday decorating and cooking (ha! thanks to HGTV and the Food Network!). So I am slowly coping with this life change. It doesn't take the anxiety and stress about finances or the "what-ifs" go away, but it does get me through the moment by moment. This I do know...I will survive this and be rewarded with a beautiful little bundle of joy and screams;)

Here is a picture of Alley playing with the Vick girls (our b-ball coach's two girls) after the first basketball game. This is the first time Alley has actually played with them! She has always shyed away and not wanted to be near them...my girl is growing up!
Alley and her little friend Sally Vick - they were so cute together! Alley did EVERYTHING Sally told her to do...she even sat in the middle of the basketball court for several minutes waiting for Sally to bring a ball back...I couldn't have even gotten that result!
Andy and I decorated the house for Christmas over TG weekend...I love Christmas:)
The tree...Alley is so enthralled by the ornaments...we'll see how many we are missing once it's time to take the tree down!
Snuggles with daddy on the floor
Watching dinner cook

4 comments:

A.K. said...

you are so right though, parenting is definitely not about us! hang in there sweet friend!

are you on total bedrest like you can't move off the couch for ANYTHING or bedrest like you should be on the couch unless you are doing little things around the house?

The Huffman's said...

Glad you are doing better Catherine! I am thinking of you daily! I hope each day passes and a little bit of worry and anxiety gets smaller and smaller! Keep taking pics of Alley! She is so stinking cute!!!!

ashleigha said...

Hang in there!!! Yes, bedrest is horrible, but you can do like you are doing and make the best of it, or be miserable!!!! Believe me the end results are worth it!!!! Praying for you

Bunch of Barrons said...

Hope you and baby are doing well! Still praying for you guys! :) Great pictures!