Sunday, August 15, 2010

New Trick

Look at that proud little girl:) She is finally sitting up on her own! She's been working on sitting up for a few weeks now, but always ends up licking the floor (or sucking her toes!). I'm still trying to figure out if she was doing it on purpose just so she could lick something;) That girl and that tongue!! I'm convinced my children only perform for Mimi (my mom). Mom came over one day when Alley was 5 months old and sat Alley up on the floor and, vola , Alley started sitting up! I had been working on that for days and Alley would just tip over! Same thing with Kendall, mom sat her up on a mat and, bam, Kendall thought it was fun and decided to stay like that. No tipping, no bending so far forward that she could suck her toes and lick the floor, no throwing herself backwards, just plain ol' sitting up straight. I guess we need to stay close to Mimi if I ever want my children to do anything;)

she got herself a book to read while practicing her new skill
or, maybe that book was to be used as her stand in blanket...sitting up is tiring business!

Speaking of new tricks, Alley is ALWAYS up to new tricks. One morning while we were playing, she decided to "hide". Her normal idea of hiding is to sit against the wall and close her eyes, sit under the table and proceed to tell you where she is, or sit next to the steps and answer you when you call out" I wonder where Alley is?", "I hidin at de stairs"...

This is what I found when I heard, "mommy, come find me!"

She actually hide under her stuffed animals in her bucket. This might be the beginning of "harder" hiding spots;)

1 comment:

Katie said...

Congratulations to Kendall! That's awesome!