Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

I love Thanksgiving, not just because it's a day that I get to eat a huge amount of food, but because it's a day that reminds me of all that I've been given and am thankful for. There is some much to be thankful for. My girls, oh how I can't imagine life without them. They brighten my day, make me laugh uncontrollably, feel deeply loved and seem to also make me so incredibly frustrated;) My husband, for the sacrifices he makes for our family, his giving spirit, his "can-do" attitude, his devotion, and I could go on and on! There is so much to be thankful for!!

Today we celebrated Thanksgiving at our house. I volunteered to cook the turkey...yikes! I got a recipe and went for it...I think everyone was just as relieved as I was that it turned out quite yummy!! Everyone contributed yummy dishes and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. 

Yeah, I'm thankful for turkey:)!!
 thirsty, thirsty
mom, I'm trying to eat here...
 The girls table:)
We invited our close friends, the Sterling family, to join us for the feast. Alley was so excited to have her "friends" join us for the day. They brought some delicious desserts!! 
The guys "table"
They watched football while eating...I think they were very happy about the seating arrangements;)

 Our attempt at a family photo...this was as good as we could get...you should see the other photos!! Yikes!
I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!!!!

2 comments:

The Richmond Alleys said...

The turkey debut was a success - now I know who to call when I have a turkey question! Thanks for a fun evening!

The Michna's said...

Nice job on the turkey! I could never take on a Thanksgiving meal. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!!