Saturday, April 21, 2012

Hair cuts....finally

I FINALLY took Kendall to get her first haircut. The poor thing had such long, uneven and wild hair. So, we decided Friday would be the day we'd venture out and get it done. I wont lie, I was a little nervous taking Kendall to get her hair cut. Let's just say that Kendall is not the easiest when she has to do something that isn't her idea. She slightly strong-willed...okay, okay, HUGE understatement, but you get it. Not only did I have Miss Independent, but the other two as well...which could be a recipe for disaster. Thank goodness for quick haircuts, cars to sit in while getting a cut, movies to watch to distract and lolly-pops...whew, we made it through the haircut without even a "no"! 

here's a quick before picture of little Miss K's crazy hair...yes, she is always that sassy!

getting her hair done - sitting in the Barbie VW Bug, watching Dora (even though I don't think she has ANY clue who Dora is) and sucking on a blue lolly-pop. 

Why can't see be that good for me??! ;)

I think she ate the stick...yup, she did. But seriously, I wasn't going to tell her to stop and ruin the wonderful atmosphere!

Smiley Cate hanging out watching Dora

Big sis got a trim as well. Several months ago I had attempted to cut her hair and it was definitely uneven. No one could notice when her hair was curly, but once she started begging for her hair to be straightened (yes, I gave in to that little request...judge me now), EVERYONE could see it...


The best shot I could get of little Miss K's hair...she kinda had the Shirley Temple look...minus the sweet disposition....

"I'm jealous they all have lolly pops, maybe my binkie will be just as good"

so focused on Dora

Yes, this is a typical McPherson group photo...these are the type of pictures I don't let anyone see...but, I'm giving you a glimpse into our life here...will it get any easier...HA!

the hair victims;)

Okay, so maybe Kendall did so well because she was bribed with Cold Stone...she is my child...;)
Alley said as we were driving home (60minutes away!!)...let's get our hair cut again tomorrow...HA...in the words of Kendall..."ummmmm, nope"

3 comments:

A.K. said...

Ok u are motivating me to take the plunge and get Anna's hair cut! I need to do it! Man, those girls are two peas in a pod- Anna's friend (who is 6 months younger than her) said to her yesterday "Anna sassy!" man- the boys are already noticing :). Hah!

The Richmond Alleys said...

Love both hair cuts! It's interesting that Kendall did so well (there's hope:) and that her curls remain! Not surprised though -- her hair looks so much like yours as a toddler.

Life with the Tibbs Family said...

Too cute...adorable as always!!!!!!