Saturday, December 19, 2015

Pictures and Projects

 While the girls and I were in Richmond for Thanksgiving, we decided to get some portraits done. I have never been so pleased with how their pictures turned out until now! JC Penny's did a fabulous job!
 My three blessings

Alley; the empathetic, caring, gentle, inquisitive, tender hearted one


Kendall; the social butterfly, snuggler, music-lover, imaginative one




Mary Cate; the energetic, hilarious, independent, strong-willed one


 Along with a visit to the East coast, the fall and winter were very productive. Andy and I completed several projects and planned out many more. Here are just a few of the ones we took pictures of.

I made a chicken wire picture frame to hold Christmas cards on in the winter, "thanksgiving" notes in the fall, "what love means to me" hearts in the late winter….and I'm still pondering what to use it for in the late spring and summer.

We finally made a farmhouse dining room table. I am in love!!

2 benches were made for either side of the table. That way we can cram more kids and friends at the table:)

Our kitchen needed a bigger work space, so we created a moveable island. It has been a perfect addition to the kitchen.

I decided we needed an ottoman as our coffee table since everyone seems to be running in our house. I tried my hand at tufting…not too shabby, it works:)

Our biggest and longest project was putting up Board and Batten on our walls. It took me awhile to find the right grey for the top part of the walls, but I finally did! We labored hard and are happy with the final product. There are a few things we would do differently if we ever did this again, but all in all, it looks great.


I saw at Hobby Lobby a picture of a deer head on wood (whatever you call it!!)…it was over $50!! What?! Anyway, we had leftover wood from the wall project so I made one of my own. Not too shabby;)

We are having fun making this home more our style. You can never have too many projects;)

No comments: