Friday, December 23, 2011

Getting ready for Christmas

This week was Alley's last week of preschool before her Christmas break started. On their last day, the parents were invited to a Gingerbread house making party. All the kids got to wear their jammies to school (which thrilled Alley to death!) and then decorate their house.

Alley is super serious about putting the frosting on. 

the twins...soooo cute:)

little miss just hanging out on the floor. She's been rolling like crazy recently, but the hilarious part is that when she goes to roll over, she has to scream while she's doing it! Not like a cry scream, like a yell scream...it's too funny.

hello sweet thing:)

Okay, so my dining room has been a work in progress for about, oh, um, say 5 years....I know, I know...I've just had plenty of other things going on. This summer I finally found fabric I liked for the curtains and once that decision was made, everything started to fall into place and get done. I made the curtain panels this summer and just last week I started making slip covers for the chairs. See, our 2 seater kitchen table just isn't cutting it for a family of 5....Anyway, Here are the slip covers...I think they turned out pretty nice:) Please overlook the clutter on the table. I am preparing to have 22 people over to our house for a Christmas Eve party...so I've got everything laid out on the table.

I know, you're thinking, "What?!! Why would she make them white?! Is she crazy?!"...the answer is, Yes....and no. We all know that I am crazy, but that's another issue for another time;) And No, the slip-covers are made out of cheap sheets and white matched the decor. So there. If one of my incredibly neat children (note the dripping sarcasm here) spill and I can't seem to get the stain out...then I just toss it and make another. They literally took less than an hour to make...

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVE EVE:)

1 comment:

Katie said...

Wish we were going to be there for your party!!!!