Friday, January 6, 2012

Crates and dresses

Apparently we have new uses for the stackable crates in our house....

I walked into the living room to find this set-up...she must have been using her pterodactyl voice and the sisters got scared and caged her up;) 

 now THIS is really what should be happening;). THIS child needs the confinement.

Another use 9which I like a whole lot better)...lounge chairs for reading...thata girl;)

I love Pinterest. I am a huge Pinterest follower and have enjoyed seeing the many projects and things out there that people are trying. Upcycling is one of those "new" trends. So, I decided to give it a go.  Here are three upcycle projects I did yesterday....

Excuse the attitude of the model...apparently I wasn't photographing her good side;)
This was on old beach shirt that just fit a little too snug on me (sniff, sniff). It was the perfect length for K, so I turned it into a summer play dress.
Front
Back

With having 3 little girls, you are bound to have duplicates of items. For us, it's pink shirts...I mean, who would have thought;) Anyway, I had a spare pink shirt and some extra fabric from a dress project I did last year, so I made a t-shirt dress. I added a little ruffle at the bottom just because a girl needs some ruffles in her life....and I love ruffles:)

third project...my husband had this fleece pull-over that he wasn't wearing anymore and was ready to get rid of, so I snagged it. I cut it down to make a little dress for A...and of course, ruffles were added;)

I really enjoyed up cycling and think I will definitely be doing this in the future!!

3 comments:

A.K. said...

Clever little girls for making the crate and clever momma for up cycling :) love it!

The Richmond Alleys said...

Love the idea of up-cycling! I have a house full of items ready for this sort of creative re-birth. Come and take your pick :)

the reppard crew said...

Love these!! What a great idea! And, happy belated bday to sweet, K! She is precious! xoxo