Sunday, January 15, 2012

Granny's Birthday Party

This weekend the girls and I traveled to Richmond to celebrate my grandmother's 89th birthday. Andy just so happened to be gone this weekend, so we were able to spend some much needed (and enjoyed) time with Mimi and Papa.

Alley and I received an invitation to Granny's birthday earlier this week and that has been ALL Alley has talked about. She kept reminding me that she was invited to the party and not Kendall and MC. On a side note, she thought it would be fun to hide from Granny and then jump out and yell "Surprise, Happy Birthday!"...hmmmm, not really a great idea for this party;) Too cute though.

Friday FINALLY arrived and we all traveled to Richmond. MC and Kendall got to spend the afternoon with Papa and Uncle "Booce". They got to experience Kendall in full form as well;) Papa had seen it before, but Bruce got the full effect! All the while, us "ladies" were having a wonderful tea party. A few of granny's friends came from Farmville to help celebrate this wonderful occasion. A wonderful time was had by all!

Alley did so well at this party. Mimi had a princess coloring packet as a party favor for her and she was in heaven! Here's my big girl getting ready for the party

the birthday girl and her HUGE eclair "birthday cake"...it was so big that she split it was another of the party guests.

Mimi, Granny and little Alley

4 generations

we were sitting near some decorative hats and Alley was just itching to try one on. So, I decided that if she was going to do that, then I should at least get a picture of her in one. This was the least decorative one..of course I didn't get a picture of her in the others...ugh!

when you're stuffed from lunch, what better thing to do (especially when you can't just lay out and nap...) then to color!;) 


Thanks for including us Granny in your wonderful celebration! We love you!!

4 comments:

The Richmond Alleys said...

Such a girly and interesting place -- and I've never been with such fun 70 and 80 year-olds! Thanks for lowering the average age by at least 20! :)

A.K. said...

What a fun time and you can tell from the pictures how much Alley treasured being a part of that!!! Can I please look half as good as your grandmother one day? She's gorgeous!!!!

Diane Beasley said...

I like your new "look"!

Anonymous said...

You guys are still alive!!! How was the alien abduction? I just saw your home video about your family being abducted. Oh and your little girl had to take out the shotgun shells which really made it more intense. I still think its fake.