Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Portraits 2012

Confession......

We have not had a family portrait taken in over 9 months...ouch! Bad mom moment...

I'm ashamed to say we didn't even get a picture of the 5 of us when I brought MC home from the hospital....WOW!

I can't remember last time we all got together in front of the camera?! I have had multiple failed attempts to get a picture of the 3 girls, but for some reason I never thought about trying to get a picture of the 5 of us. Maybe it was my subconscious shielding me from the frustration;) So, I decided to ask a friend, who is a photographer and happens to have 3 "full-of-life children" like me, if she would be up for the challenge. She was more than willing to try and capture our girls personalities and get that ever elusive family photo. Here are some of my favorites:)

One of the first family pictures. We decided to take the family ones first just incase the session started to go downhill;) She was smart! 

I love this blue swing!! I told Andy we have to get a swing and paint it some wild, bold color...he reminded me that we need a tree to support it...darn;)

The neighbors had horses!! Be still our beating hearts...I am surprised we could tear the girls away for the remainder of the session. Of course we walked away having renamed all the horses after Disney characters.

Oh yes, we all had boots on...I mean come on, we live in Farmville;)

Don't we look like a good ol' southern country family;) 

What??!! They are both looking at the camera AND have decent looks are their faces??!!! So that's what they look like when they aren't fighting or goofing off;)

Smiley-Cate in full bloom

Bubbles, glorious bubbles!

MC was not going to stay still on the trampoline...she kept crawling forward towards the camera...if it's not one, it's another;)

The best shot of all three...they are a mess;)

I can't believe we actually got a decent family photo at the end of the session...boy were the girls DONE!

 My sweet sweet girl. Such a joy!



Peek-a-boo! This girl is a serious mess. I love that grin and her full-of-life personality

So serious about her flower...she must be telling us a story about it...that girl is full of stories, mostly musicals. I mean come on, isn't your life set to music?! ;)

I thought this action shot was cute of the older girls. Such joy on their faces.

Well, now I can check off get a family photo and not be so embarrassed on how long it took us to get one...I think they all turned out pretty good:) Thank you Austin-Lee for hanging in there with us!!!

1 comment:

A.K. said...

oh my goodness- I LOVE the pictures!!! so cute!