Saturday, November 15, 2014

Alley is 7!!

I'm not sure Andy and I really believe Alley has turned 7. I mean, really, she's still our little bundle of loud screaming and crying, I mean, joy;) Alley has grown up so much in the past year. She has become very independent (makes everyone breakfast, likes to vacuum, dust and clean the bathroom - thank you lord!!) and always wants to help her sisters, even when they don't want her too. She is doing well in 1st grade and has even started to learn French…poor child has me as a teacher and I never even took french. Thank goodness for friends and family who know french and a great french program with CDs!! She still loves arts and crafts and will make huge disasters while creating such sweet cards and pictures for people. She has fallen in love with sewing and is desperate to learn. She also wants to learn to knit…goodness, I need more hours in the day for this child!! She learned to ride her bike without training wheels at the beginning of the summer (and suffered through it all with a bike that was way too small for her loooooooong legs!). Alley has a huge heart and such a love for God. She talks about God all the time and has some pretty deep questions that I've had to ask Papa or some friends I know who are in seminary! Yikes! I love that she wants everyone to hear the gospel. She even met a little boy from Iraq this summer and proceeded to tell him the gospel and ask if he wanted to have Jesus in his life. Wow! We can all learn from her. God is going to use this child regardless of my bad parenting! What a joy and breath of fresh air she is!!

my little/big 7 year old!

opening presents…these faces are hilarious






Our traditional donut birthday breakfast. Alley lucked out this year, Anderson just opened up a KK AND we had to take our car to get fixed in Anderson that morning….so, she got KK instead of DD. She was in.heaven.


I love these three monkeys!

Happy Birthday to such a sweet older sister, first child and huge mommy helper! We love you so much!

No comments: