Thursday, May 12, 2016

Visitors!!

My college roommate and her family came down for a visit this weekend. I haven't seen her in over 3 years and I am so thankful they made the trip down to visit! We are excited to be living closer to each other and are planning many more gatherings. They joined us for Mother's day weekend and we all had a blast. The kids got along so well and we were able to just hang out.

A little Illinois sunset the night before our visitors arrived


the weather was perfect when they arrived so we all walked down to the playground to get some of the kids energy out. These girls decided on a sunglasses fashion show. Check out their style;)

These two are the same age (only 2 months apart) and were fast friends! They loved hanging out together, as you can see in this picture. I love the joy on their faces!

Colleen and me…I have missed her!

 John reading stories to the kids. It seems that Colleens kids love books as much as our kids do. so we spent a lot of time this weekend reading to the kids…even Alley joined in and read the younger ones some books

Mother's day snuggles with my girls

the older kids before church

the whole gang out for a mothers day lunch of cheeseburgers and fries…so thankful Colleen and family love the same things we do!!

After our visitors left, Andy and the girls took me shooting. Our annual Mother's Day shooting took on a whole different level here in Illinois…man was it more difficult to just go in and shoot, but we prevailed and it was fun!
I am so thankful I get to be a mommy to my three beautiful girls! I love it

1 comment:

MUD said...

I hope that the shooting included a good gun safety class. I spent a lot of time making sure that my son had all the safety briefings but the one time he broke the rules he took my 9mm and shot up my parts car. Thank god there were no dangerous rickoshays that harmed him. Now everything is in a gun safe where they belong. I can't even remember the combination but I do know where it is written down.