Monday, January 12, 2009

A new side of Alley...

This morning, when I dropped Alley off at daycare, I was afforded the opportunity to see this new side of her emerging. Normally when Alley is dropped off for daycare she clings to our legs the moment we put her down and we get a flood of tears upon our departure. Today, I placed her in the center of the room, bracing myself for what was to come as I busied myself with filling out her chart. After a few moments I noticed no one was clinging to my leg or whining for me to pick her up...I looked up and saw Alley had left my side (a miracle!) and had made her way over to a new baby who was still in her car carrier. (What I witnessed next just melted my heart!) She started rocking the carrier and staring at the baby. They just watched each other as Alley gently (Yes I said gently!!! Amazing!) rocked the seat back and forth. I couldn't stop watching her, it was so adorable! Even more amazing...I went over and said good-bye and she looked up at me and then turned back to rocking the baby while I walked out...no tears...no clinging...my baby is growing up...

1 comment:

The Huffman's said...

Too sweet!!!! Aren't kids a hoot? My neice does the same thing with kids...Crazy! I am glad you had a great drop off!!!!