Saturday, April 24, 2010

Mommy's Little Helper

Finally a weekend off for Andy! Football ended early, so the weekend was free for us to do whatever we wanted to do...of course, we were looking forward to just relaxing and being together as a family, buuuuut....Andy had to leave before the sun came up to travel to Lynchburg to cover HSC's baseball conference tournament. His assistant got sick, probably food poisoning. I'm glad he was able to help out but it left me without my helper for the weekend. Alley, sensing a need, stepped up to the plate this morning and was an extreme help! While Kendall napped, we played, folded the cloth diapers, cleaned the kitchen, swept, she did my hair (man did I look great! Yikes! No pictures of that hair-do!), and plenty of over tasks I never would have thought we needed to do;)
After finishing all that, Kendall woke up from her nap, so I went up stairs to bring her down to feed her. When I got downstairs, Alley ran into the kitchen saying, "Mommy, I feed Kendall...I pumping! Kendall like it!" all the while she is pulling out my pumping accessories! This is how I found her....

(pardon the awful pictures...I was laughing so hard and I didn't have time to change the setting on the camera!!)

and she was making the noise the pump makes when it's on...oh my word! I couldn't stop laughing!!here she is organizing the pumping accessories....
When she was "done", I started putting everything away again and she ran into the living room were Kendall was hanging out in her papasan. I heard Alley say "I help, I feed", but thought nothing of it. This is what I saw when I walked back into the living room...

Look at her! She even pulled up her chair!

That got tiring, so she tried this position...
WOW! I got more help than I bargained for today!!

4 comments:

A.K. said...

hah!!! tooo cute!

Jenny said...

Oh, the dreaded pump... I so don't look forward to that! :)

Anyway, SO cute! What a good helper!

Bunch of Barrons said...

That is SO funny...how sweet of her! :) Merrick tries to feed Tirzah too, but it's always things she should NOT be eating! :) Not helpful...thanks Merrick.

ashleigha said...

So cute! I have a picture of Garrett with the pump actually attached to him and he had it turned on. He knew how to hook up all the tubes and such better than I did:)