Monday, April 26, 2010

My girls

...are growing up waaaaaaay too fast! My little bitty infant has turned into a fluffy, smiley, chatty baby. Her smiles light up the room and her cooing just make you want to stare at her and "chat" with her for hours. Those cheeks make you want to pinch them and keep her smiling because they are so adorable. She truly is growing up way to fast.
My sweet, empathetic, strong-willed, independent toddler. I don't remember allowing her to grow up and be a big girl?! Watching her help me this weekend with Kendall warmed my heart. She has such a serving attitude (mixed in with her toddler antics and tantrums!) and runs to help when someone is in need. She is one of a kind...

Their growing up brings a change in me and in my life. they have been such a blessing to Andy and me. I can't imagine what we did without them in our lives. Yes it's crazy at times and yes I get extremely stressed (I need to let go of my "have to be in control" mind-set) but I would change my life for all the treasures in the world. I've got them here, with me, in my house. Life couldn't get any better then that! With young children, you learn to look and enjoy the small things, embrace change because it's a part of life and to look for the beauty in everything.

I took care of a good friends daughter, who happens to be Alley's best friend, for a little bit this afternoon. I sat back and watched those two busy-bodies play and move from activity to activity all the while checking in on Kendall to make sure I was tending to her needs. I can't tell you how many times they each got in Kendall's face and asked if she was okay ("Kenda, you otay?"). Sweetness just oozed out of them...I hope they never change

4 comments:

Katie said...

They're so cute! I can't get over it! Tell Alley I'm sorry I made her cry on Sunday - I still feel bad!!

Jenny said...

They are precious. I am with you... kids make like so special and make every moment simple and full of love!

Cortney Smith said...

So, so, sweet! Love days like that, where you see all God's blessings at once! Love the pictures, they do grow too fast!

The Michna's said...

Your girls are adorable. They are going to be best of friends growing up. Enjoy every minute of it!