Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Potty Training

Oh the dreaded word...don't get me wrong, I am looking forward to the financial freedom potty training will bring, but I am not looking forward to the process of getting there. If I could pay someone to potty train my child, I would do it! Potty training is all about letting go of control and lots of patience. Let's just face it, that's not my forte! Impatient control-freak?? ME?!! Ha...I think I will be learning just as much as Alley :)
We have just finished day 2 and it went slightly better than day 1 (I will rejoice in ANY progress!). I know this is a long process, I just hope I can be patient and enjoy the time I am getting to spend with Alley. Too bad I think she's already getting tired of me! It seems like every other sentence that comes out of my mouth is "Do yo need to go potty? Just tell mommy if you need to go"...man, I am already getting tired of hearing myself;) Truthfully though, Alley and I have had some wonderful moments together! I have really been able to enjoy her personality and sparkle on her a bit since we are in close quarters for the time-being. She is an amazing child and I am blessed to be her mommy...wet panties and all:)
Here are some photos from day 2:

Singing "baby Kendall" (her doll) to sleep while playing Old McDonald on her magnetic barn...not quite a soothing song hard at work on her magnetic barn

being cheesy - yes, she is my child, cheesiness and all:)

a potty picture - obsessed with stickers! She will take them off the page, put them on her arm or shirt, then put them back on the page for later...

full of concentration...for the stickers, not the potty;)

Day 3 will be tomorrow...pray for Mimi since she will be watching the girls so I can go to work!

4 comments:

The Michna's said...

Looks like Alley has been camping out on the toliet with all her fun toys to keep occupied! Hang in there! Hopefully each day gets better:) Love the Cheesy smile pic, BTW.

Katie said...

I'm just impressed she re-uses her stickers!! Hang in there :)

ashleigha said...

I am sorry I wish I had some advice. Morgan just turned 3 and was doing good, now isnt too interested...being sick from this pregnancy hasnt made things any easier. I plan to go at it next week...and get it over with..I hope:)

A.K. said...

yah, since i am like you in the control freak/impatient category... i'm thinking of sending bumgenuis a message and asking them to make BIGGER cloth diapers- i mean, is a one size all the way up to 100 lbs unreasonable?! hah! jk!