Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Party Animal

We celebrated Kendall's birthday with the family on Sunday night. Due to everyone's weekday schedule, it was just easier to party-hardy on Sunday evening. I still don't know why I do this to myself every time...why do I plan their birthday celebrations in the evenings??!! Come on, everyone wants to party during "arsnic hour" with a 1 year-old;) Whew...glad that's over! We had a wonderful time, despite some meltdowns from the birthday girl...you just DON'T mess with her schedule.

Kendall has ALWAYS been an extremely smiley baby. So I thought it was completely appropriate to have her first celebration be with smile face cupcakes. Very fitting for this little puff-a-lump:) Here are her delicious cupcakes...

I even found sparkle/glittery black frosting to make it more of a "girly" smile!

 the multiple smiles of Kendall

Now the BEST time of the evening was when we presented Kendall with her birthday cupcake. I wasn't sure how she would react to the cupcake since she's never had anything like this before (minus a few bites of ice cream mommy has...once in a while). Alley freaked out on her first birthday when presented with her cake and didn't want ANYTHING to do with the cake. Of course it could have had something to do with the fact that I made a ducky cake and gave her just the head...). Anyway, I gave Kendall the cupcake and the moment I let go of it and started to sing the first words of "Happy Birthday"....this is what she did....
guess she was ready for her cupcake!
 she was sucking the frosting off the cake and was so incredibly intent on getting it all!!!
 oops!! dropped some frosting...she literally sucked on her arm to get ALL the frosting off. Yes, she had red marks all over her arms where she sucked so hard;)
 Oh man was it yummy!!
 god-mother (LeeAnn Rasey) and her little man checking out Kendall's eating style. Look at her face...she's like "Garrett, don't you get any closer. It's ALL mine!!"
 and more sucking of the arm...notice how she has devoured the whole thing and barely left a crumb!!
 Oh, found a crumb...must eat it!
 daddy gave her some eye-black....eating her cupcake football-style...all or nothing;)

After some cake eating, we settled down to open presents. Kendall wanted nothing to do with it. I forced her to sit with me for the first present...then I gave up;) Here she is getting her very first baby doll from mommy, daddy and Alley. Alley was so excited about this doll...yes, we are having sharing issues over this doll right now;)
 checking out her birthday cards
 bathed and ready for bed...so is Garrett...Kendall decided he needed to be rocked to sleep. The look on his face says it all;) Yes, she's an all-or-nothing kind of child! He sure did get a good rockin' though;)
Happy Birthday to our sweet thing!! 

2 comments:

Katie said...

Great birthday post :) Happy birthday Kendall!

The Richmond Alleys said...

We all enjoyed being a part of Kendall's fun celebration!

My favorite part (other than the cupcake inhalation) came later during Alley's post-bath routine ... when she looked in my eyes as I was helping her with her pajamas and said, "I'm glad you came to my house, Mimi."

Anytime, Alley! :)