Sunday, February 27, 2011

ODAC Tournament

Yes, it's that time of year again! Basketball season is coming to a close and I feel my "single parent" days are wrapping up for the year (who am I kidding...spring football is right around the corner...just let me enjoy this moment please!). Okay, now let's be honest, the real reason I get excited about this time of year isn't because my husband will be home at a decent hour each night (even though I looove that!), it's because we get to spend a weekend in a hotel and eat Krispy Kreme doughnuts each morning! Oh yes, that is where my excitement comes from...the Hot sign that is always illuminated outside the Roanoke Krispy Kreme. We have such a love affair with these doughnuts that we even talked about how great it would be to open a Krispy Kreme store in our basement. It was a great idea until I realized I probably wouldn't be able to fit through the doorway because I would have "tested" too many doughnuts;) Maybe that wasn't such a good idea...Okay, all kidding aside (sort of!), we had a great weekend getting to spend time as a family of four and just enjoy being in a town bigger than Farmville:)

How can you go to Krispy Kreme and not document this monumental moment with pictures;) Oh yes, all you healthy eaters are probably going to want to stop reading this post now...you were warned...I feed my kids doughnuts. Not just any doughnut though, only the best for my babies! I will say they do share their parents love for Krispy Kreme doughnuts...they make me so proud (tear)...

Alley waiting for her doughnut to eat...can you see the excitement and anticipation in her eyes;)


Oh yes, she's a KK lover too...but she was only allowed three bites...see, you don't have to call child protective services quite yet;)!

future KK eaters:)

oh was it yummy!

We are sad that HSC lost, but we are thankful to have been able to go to Roanoke and support our beloved Tigers...by eating Krispy Kreme doughnuts;) 365 days til next visit...muahaha

2 comments:

A.K. said...

sooo cute!!!

Katie said...

Glad you had fun! Bummed we weren't there this year...!