Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Weekend Away

This past weekend we traveled to Richmond to spend some quality time with Mimi and Papa. Okay, the real reason was because we had a baby shower for a really good friend on Saturday night, but we will use anything to make a trip to see Mimi and Papa;) We had an added bonus on this trip...Uncle John and Marion were in town as well...yeah, more playmates!;)

My parents were given some hand-me-down outdoor play equipment this past week and they set it up for Alley and Kendall to try out...oh boy was it a hit!! The girls just couldn't get enough of it. They are obsessed with being outside anyway, so this is perfect. Now we don't always have to travel up to "Papa's playground" at "Papa's church" to play outside...whew, we've been saved from the multiple daily trips up there;)

here are the girls when they first got outside...can you tell Kendall is lovin' it?!

this was just too hilarious to pass up:) She was trying to climb through the hole and fell in!

super happy and being goofy

Kendall is so proud of herself

peek-a-boo!

cheesy goodness...Andy was throwing her up in the air and catching her. This is right after he caught her:)

big girl going down the slide...she loved it

weeeeeeeeeeee....

help, I've fallen and I am stuck

I give up, I'm just going to lay here until someone comes to get me...literally, she waited for me to get her!

pausing for a snack break on their new picnic table

inside playing and getting a little education in;)

my job for the shower was to make cupcakes...yummy!

oh man, which one will I eat...I'm mean test....first

Kendall, John, Marion and Alley relaxing after church

Fun, fun weekend:) We are so happy Mimi and Papa can handle the craziness, that always seems to follow our family, and let us come for the weekend;) We had a blast and can't wait until next time...

2 comments:

The Richmond Alleys said...

Grandchildren are welcome ANYtime (their parents, too:)

A.K. said...

i love Kendall on the slide! too cute!