Thursday, March 24, 2011

Birthday fun

Here are some more pictures we took of the girls wearing their new dresses. I'm in the process of making new ones and tweaking the pattern even more. Leave it to me to not follow a pattern completely;) I'm excited because I have two projects going on...one is the dress I was just talking about, and the other one is my smocking adventure. I am almost done with the smocking of Alley's dress and then all I have to do is sew the dress...I can't wait to see how it looks when it's done. It's been frustrating at times but I am really enjoying it! I will keep you updated:)

Alley before church


Playing on our neighbors porch

Kendall watching Alley


This weekend Alley and I got to go celebrate Alley's "BFF"'s birthday. We had so much fun coloring, painting and playing outside. Here are some pictures from the day.

the girls coloring with markers, stickers and glitter glue...can we say heaven (for the girls, but not for an OCD clean freak...whew, I survived the glitter)

this decision was a serious one...I hope she made the right one;)

playing in the sandbox

what could be more fun than a huge play gym...they had a blast

the birthday girl and Alley waiting patiently for food

back to the "drawing board"....breathe Catherine, breathe...;)
We had a great time at the party and Andy and Kendall had fun at home as well. We are so glad the weather turned beautiful and we were able to spend most of the weekend outside! It's beginning to feel like spring and we are excited:)!

2 comments:

A.K. said...

what a pretty dress!!! i love it! good job!

ps- love Alley's curls in the last picture- too cute!

The Michna's said...

Looks like Alley had a super fun birthday! And great job on the dresses!! Too cute:)