Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Projects

...and I have a lot of them going on at once. It's become an obsession, a healthy one, but it's still consuming. I can't get enough of it:) I just finished two different dress projects for the girls. The first project, which has taken the longest, is the smocked dresses I was making for Easter. They are done, with 5 days to spare...whew! This was the first time I smocked it all on my own and actually made the dresses from scratch. Um yeah, sewing a bishop dress (let alone 2!!) is not an easy first smocked dress to do.  My grandmother, a home economics pro, was a wealth of knowledge and I definitely couldn't have done it without her guidance!! Here is the finally product:)

Both their dresses...
it's on super small blue checked fabric and the butterflies are two-toned pink. 

closer look

even closer:) Dress #1

Dress #2


I mentioned before that I had several projects going on at once...Not only did I just finish 2 smocked dresses, but I also finished two more reversible dresses. I tweaked this pattern as well and made it a button closure at the top instead of ties. I have yet to follow the pattern completely...maybe one of these days I'll follow it;) But for now, it's fun to experiment and make it your own. Here is the final product.

This is the reversible dress, only one is pictured, but I made two:) I just loooove this fabric!!! I have enough left to make a little bubble outfit for baby #3...can't wait!!
The other projects I'm working on are knit sundresses for Alley and Kendall, plus a matching bubble for baby #3....and a knit, long dress for me that I can wear pregnant and afterwards. I will post pictures as soon as I complete them:) My next smocking project is for the fall (yes, I'm totally giving myself ample time to complete this 3 dress project!!). It's an adorable EI-EI-O pattern with farm animals...its just too cute. Anyway, I'm going to be trying out another style of smocked dress on this go-around. Keep your fingers crossed;)

3 comments:

Katie said...

VERY impressive (all of them!) - Can't wait to see your next project :)

A.K. said...

so fun! WHEN do you find the time?!!!

Life with the Tibbs Family said...

You have got quite a talent girl! I know the girls will be beautiful in them! Lets get together soon!