Friday, April 8, 2011

Tubes

Today Kendall got tubes put in her ear...let's all breathe a sigh of relief! Oh I can see a happier, ear infection free future:) Our sweet little mess has been quite sick lately, as I am sure you read in my last post, and we were unsure she would be able to go for this scheduled operation. Low and behold, despite being seriously sick last week, she was completely, and I mean completely, healthy! Can I get an AMEN! Wow, so off to Richmond we went for the glorious tubes.

Alley had gotten tubes when she turned one, so we knew how wonderful those teeny, tiny colored tubes were and we couldn't wait. We woke up bright and early and headed off to see the surgeon. Kendall, in her sweet little way, charmed the socks off of every nurse and doctor there. She flirted with the anesthesiologist (who seriously couldn't have been older than 26!!!), and when Dr. Hickman came in, she walked right up to him and grabbed his leg in a big bear hug and laid her head on his leg and sucked her thumb. Can we say precious!! I really wish I had gotten a picture of that, but I'm not one to bring a camera into surgery;) Maybe next time I should...no, no, no, I take that back, there better not be a next time!!! Kendall was all smiles and snuggles with the anesthesiologist when he came to take her away as well. Let's just say she knows how to pick them;)

We proceeded out to the waiting room and had just finished texting our family to say she had gone back, when Dr. Hickman came out to say they were all done...wow, I had forgotten how fast it really was! We went back to see her and by the time we got out of the waiting room, she was back to her normal self. She had a super quick recovery and was back to her charming self in no time. Of course it helped to have Mimi, Papa and Uncle John around to get attention from;) And boy did she soak it up!

Okay, side tracking a bit...remember I said I didn't have pictures from Kendall's hospital stay...well dad reminded me I could text them to his Blackberry and he could e-mail them to me...so, viola, I've got pictures;)

Check out her paddle! She finally found her thumb with that big contraption weighing her hand down

sleeping with her glorious thumb

her hand/paddle was too heavy to stay in her mouth once she drifted off...hilarious;)

2 comments:

Katie said...

Aw poor thing!! She is just SO cute in those pictures!

Jenny said...

Glad to hear it went so smoothly!