Thursday, June 16, 2011

Kiawah 2011

We had so much fun last week at the beach. We look forward to this vacation every year and it was so wonderful to be able to go early this year. Usually we all go over July 4th, but due to my pregnancy and not being able to travel that far that late, my whole family graciously changed their schedules to accommodate me. Yes, I do have a fabulous family;) Anyway, June is the time to go! It was beautiful, the water was amazing and there weren't a lot of people there. I'm advocating for a June beach trip again...maybe I'll just have to be pregnant again..Haha! Wow, did I just say that??!!

The girls absolutely looooved the beach. We were able to spend more time out at this beach this year because we cut out Kendall's morning nap (which we have now had to add back in...grumpy thing;) We had loads of fun running and splashing in the waves, belly-flopping and just plain rolling around in the surf. I believe my children are half fish...not that I minded at all:) I took so many pictures this year that I'm going to have to do a couple posts to get a small portion of them up! Here are some from the first couple of days.

Wearing her hat the first day...and looking oh so serious at something...probably staring at Papa or daddy while they do something silly

Kendall just enjoying the view and the waves...she absolutely loved getting hit by the waves...it was hilarious!

waiting for her next wave to come...oh the anticipation is too much;)

begging Uncle John and daddy to take her out deep

oh the joys of splashing

I just got hit by a wave and it was awesome;)!!

laughing at something...this was definitely something we all did lots this week

 her hat kinda looks like a cowboy hat now

 whatcha doin....

watching with daddy

I got my purse, are yall ready to go?!

fine, if no one will take me out in the ocean, I'll take myself!

ooooo, a snail! I can't tell you how many times Kendall would go dig up a snail and bring it to me...oh the joys;)



Oh I looooove getting hit by waves! This is too much fun!!! Check out that face:)

my three favorites having fun in the waves

Kendall had a new obsession. Whenever Alley would sit down or even look like she was about to sit down, Kendall would run over and sit in her lap...it was too funny

bathing beauty...also waiting for a wave to hit her...

a game of tag in the surf
  
she found the joys of mud baths...she just loves to get dirty...whose child is this;)

playing nicely...I hope this becomes a trend...SOON!

my little mermaids

our favorite activity right now...acting like dogs, or "buppies" as Kendall calls everything!

I thought this was hilarious! I have no clue what she is doing but I captured it:)

another crazy/cute face from the week
Stay tuned for more pictures from the week:)

1 comment:

A.K. said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!! The girls are GORGEOUS! I love them, wish our two little chunks could have played in the water together!!! We will be home the end of July for about 2 weeks- any chance you can come to Richmond for a day or can you not travel by then?! I would love to get the girls together!

lost my phone a while back so no longer have your number- but mine is still the same- so let me know!