Tuesday, September 6, 2011

School and check-ups

Today marks the first day of fall for our family...yes, I know fall doesn't officially start until the end of September, but I always associate the beginning of school with it turning from summer to fall. Sooooo, today was Alley's first day of Preschool! Of course she will be attending Preschool for two years because her birthday conveniently is a month after the cut-off for starting school. Regardless of that, she thoroughly loved school today! To hype up her excitement, I made her a special outfit for her first day. I made an applique shirt with her monogram and I also made some red flowy gaucho pants. She couldn't wait to wear them:)

Here she is sporting her "first day of school" attire...she's just so cute;)

Even though it was raining, I had to take some pictures of her leaving the house. 
Oh she's such a big girl!

Of course it had to rain today, so I didn't get to take all the pictures I wanted, but it's probably for the best. I also had to leave the camera behind when we left to go to school. I could barely juggle MC and her carseat, Kendall, an umbrella and Alley let alone a camera! Sigh...so I didn't get any pictures with her teacher or her class...I guess a plus with her being in Preschool twice is that next year I can do all that stuff and just pretend that it was her first time;) hehehe...

Like I said earlier, it was raining out today. I don't mean just a little sprinkle, I mean a down pour for most of the day. Of course it would do that because I had so much I had to do today...not only did I have to take Alley to school with all the girls in the rain, but I had to take MC to her 1 month check-up. For some reason today the doctors office parking lot was jam packed as well. So we had to park all the way in Alaska and walk (in the pouring rain with 2 kids, a diaper bag and umbrella) to the office. Can I tell you how fun that was...I don't think I've dried out yet...

Anyway, MC had a great doctor's appointment! Her jaundice level has risen so she had to get some blood work done. We should find out soon whether she needs treatment or not. She is 75% in weight (10lbs) and 99% in height (23 inches)...she is one long lean machine;) So she is doing great. We are still having some issues with her not wanting to eat, but as you can tell, it's not hurting her weight;) She is sleeping pretty much through the night (I feed her at 10pm and she will wake up at 3:30 to eat and then I wake her at 7am to eat again)...she's awesome!;) She did develop baby acne pretty bad, but I still think she is as cute as cute can be. She's staying awake longer and would prefer to be held all the time (can you blame her??!!). Kendall lovingly calls her "baby" or "Mar-Cape"...and both sisters just adore her. We are doing well as a family and just enjoying every moment we have. 

2 comments:

Katie said...

What an exciting time for your oldest! I hope she just loves school this year :)

The Richmond Alleys said...

"Mar Cape" is doing her part for the future McPherson girls' basketball team! Two inches in 6 weeks is impressive!