Saturday, July 10, 2010

Kiawah 2010

Kiawah (sigh), I already miss it. We've been home for 14 hours and I am already wanting to return. Our family has been going to Kiawah Island, SC for many years and we absolutely love it! Not only is the beach and Island incredible, but the company is not too shabby either;) We had such a wonderful time. We spent most of our days out on the beach digging in the sand, jumping waves, walking along the beach, eating Blue Bell ice cream, having fabulous meals, eating more Blue Bell ice cream, playing cards, eating even more Blue Bell ice cream...you get the picture;) My girls loooved getting to spend time with each member of our family. Alley made immediate bonds with everyone and insisted on each of the guys coming out into the ocean with her. The quote of the week was, "(insert Winston, Daddy, John, or Papa) come. You come to da ocean? Me like waves!" That girl couldn't get enough of the ocean and even enjoyed being hit by the waves. While Alley was enjoying the ocean, Kendall napped on the beach like a champ and spent all of her waking moments smiling at everyone and everything. Truly a wonderful week:)

Here is a picture of everyone in attendance this year. We were very sadden by the fact that my older brother and his family could not join us due to a VERY recent move to Washington STATE (I don't think I okayed that move!). We are hoping they will be able to join us next year!

I photo-op for the McPherson clan

Kendall was rolling around like crazy this week! She started rolling over several weeks ago, but rarely did it until this week. She does it non-stop. Here she is clearly very proud of herself.

Alley hiding behind a tree playing peek-a-boo

My girls...I can't get enough of them:)

sisterly love (for now!)

A classic, Alley in her own little world

Kendall getting some love and attention from Marion

Alley asking people to go into the waves with her - or giving the camera a little attitude;)

John and Marion arrived halfway through the week, due to John's summer school classes. They arrived just in time to celebrate John's 23rd birthday...is my baby brother really that old??!! Couldn't pass up a photo of John in our family birthday glasses.

This was too cute to pass up! I'm not quite sure what is going on here, but when I went in during her nap time to take her books and let her know it was time to sleep, this is how I found her!

looking for "cawabs" (crabs for those of your who don't speak Alley's language)

My big girl

she spent so much time in the water that her feet were super wrinkly

so determined to make a sandcastle...in the water

Alley helping Uncle Bruce play solitaire

Kendall using her stroller as a teether (sp?) - the poor child is teething like crazy and can always be found in a puddle of drool! But she's so adorable while she's "leaking";)

Granny and Kendall in matching hats

Alley with her helpers looking for fish - she actually held the little minnows in her hands when she caught them...I was amazed she held them! I really wish I got a picture of it!!

Alley found a crab hole and kept sticking her finger in it and yelling "cawab house, look, cawab house!", all the while waving at us all to come over and see.

trying to capture a fish/minnow

strolling back from the ocean

My three favorite people:)

digging in the sand

checking out the sand for shells and crabs
What a great time was had by all! As Uncle Bruce says, "51 weeks until we return!". I can't wait!!

5 comments:

A.K. said...

so fun! we are going to sunset beach in august and after these pictures- you have me REALLY excited for our trip!!!

you'll have to get Alley say "cawab" for me in August when we see y'all- i bet its the cutest thing ever!

Katie said...

So fun. Looks like you guys had a wonderful vacation!!

The Raseys said...

Kendall is growing so quickly! I'm glad you guys enjoyed your trip...looking forward to seeing you guys soon!

Life with the Tibbs Family said...

I am glad you guys had such a great trip! Ava is constantly talking about Alley and asking when we are coming back to your house!!!!! See you soon for our trip to the zoo!

Bunch of Barrons said...

Definitely looks like a great trip. I can't wait until we go in August. We usually go to Rodanthe, NC. Love it. :)