Sunday, July 18, 2010

"Sweet" Sandals

I am always trying to find fun things to do with Alley. She seems to have endless energy and to be honest, it's making me exhausted! Oh but I love it though! :) The wonderful thing about her is that she's more than willing to try new things out and to work on "projects" with me. She's constantly wanting to help out in the kitchen, so we've started making our own pizza dough (so far all our attempts have flopped and it wasn't because of her!), we make homemade bread at least once a week, we make cookies and many more meals/snacks. Today I decided to try something a little different. After naps we headed out to Walmart to gather ingredients for a "special eating project" (the word "eating" HAS to be involved - it makes her all the more excited!). Today I saw a picture in a magazine of a quick and easy Sandal Cookie - I thought, this would be fun for Alley and easy enough too....

Here is the magazine picture - this is what it's suppose to look like

Alley's interpretation of sandals;) Notice how she mixed the colors to make the sandals more exciting and colorful!

Yeah, umm, try putting these on your feet;)
Personally, I think Alley's are way better and I'm positive she was tons more excited about her's then the actually designer was of his! I did have a hard time keeping her fingers out of the frosting, the cookies from being eaten and the sandal straps from mysteriously disappearing;) And we did end up with frosting all over the table, Alley and the floor, but it was totally worth it!! I've got one proud little chef who went to bed tonight talking about everyone she wanted to give her sandals too:) So sweet...

3 comments:

Katie said...

Super cute!! What a great idea ;)

Jenny said...

What a fun idea!! She would so love playing with Reese! :)

A.K. said...

so cute! can't wait to see y'all in august!