Friday, July 2, 2010

Highchair fun

Kendall loves to sit in her high-chair. I'm not sure if it's because we all hang out in the kitchen (even though it's the smallest room in our house...go figure!) or because we play music when we are in there or because it means food is coming. Whatever the reason is, Kendall is extremely happy to hang out in her chair. Alley took it upon herself to make Kendall even happier about being in the kitchen by providing Kendall with a few things...

"few" is an understatement here!! I think she took all of Kendall's toys and put them on her tray!
You know Kendall is a McPherson because she loves to eat! And boy does Miss Thing eat;) We have been blessed to have two good eaters. Alley has always had a healthy appetite and rarely ever turns food away (only if it's tomatoes). It looks like Kendall is following in her big sister's foot-steps (praise the Lord!!). I started Kendall on baby food when she was 4 months old. We only did a few days of the rice cereal, really only enough to get her use to eating off a spoon, and then we went straight to jar food. I like to make my girls jar food, basically because it's cheaper, healthier and I know what's going into it. I also get to see them try new foods, like avocado:) Kendall looooves avocado. Here are some pictures from tonight. Apparently I'm not feeding her fast enough so she took matters into her own hand!

All I did was put the food on the spoon, she did the rest! She directed the spoon to her mouth!

A little tilt to the spoon to make sure she got every little bit off the spoon...waste not;)

A little teething break...who knew spoons were great teethers;)

more avocado...yummy!
Kendall is definitely a joy to have around! I can't believe she is already 5.5 months! Time has flown by. She has definitely enriched our lives in so many ways. We love our smiley little butterball!!

3 comments:

A.K. said...

okay i think you have convinced me to start anna on jar food earlier... i was thinking at 5 1/2 months but may start soon :)

Bunch of Barrons said...

Too cute. :) Merrick has always eaten like a little bird, but then there are days when he would seriously eat the house down if I let him. Tirzah, however, eats as often as I let her. :)

Katie said...

Cute! We just got back from TX, I think Chris is giving Andy a call later today. Can't wait to catch up!