Monday, October 25, 2010

Weekend Away

What??!! A weekend without kids? In a hotel room?? Eating out every meal???!!! Count me in!!!;) Have I ever told you how much I love hotels and eating out?!...;) 

Yes, Andy and I escaped and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. I have no shame in saying that I needed this time to myself to be with Andy. No snotty noses to wipe, no hurrying around so we don't miss nap-time, no whining because of hunger (well, I might have done a little of that...), no packing a duffle bag just for a trip to the grocery store, nobody clinging to me saying "no, MY momma" to another child. Yes, a break was needed!:) Don't worry though, those two little cling-on's had plenty of fun with Mimi and Papa...in fact, I don't think they even realized or cared that we were gone! (sniff, sniff...) 

On Friday, Andy and I went off to Baltimore to take part in a marriage retreat put on by LifeWay. It was a wonderful weekend and we came back completely refreshed and ready to meet the challenges of everyday life. After one day back in the real world...I think I'm ready for another weekend away;)

Here are some photos from the girl's time with Mimi and Papa.

Oh how Kendall loves watermelon! She is DEFINITELY my child;)
 Alley patiently waiting to eat
 yeah Kendall, you better hold on tight! That sister of yours really likes to rock hard and fast on that rocking horse!
 Big sissy showing little K how it's done
sporting their pumpkin hats
 Alley waiting patiently for watermelon...she's a melon lover too:)
sisterly love...gotta love it!!

2 comments:

A.K. said...

so glad y'all got to get away! my parents are heading here next month and we are going to get a night away... i don't think i'll knwo what to do with all my free time :)

Katie said...

Those matching PJs are super cute! Glad you guys had a great weekend away!